Monday, August 24, 2009

WHY CHUCKWAGON JOURNAL?

I used to have a motor home that I referred to as the Chuckwagon. During my 18 years of travel in the "Chuckwagon," wrote humorous stories about the joys and travails of traveling in a motor home to my friends and family. The Chuckwagon is gone, sold over a year ago due to the rising price of diesel and my rising age.

But I still like to travel. The difference now is that I travel in a Hyundai Sante Fe that is easier for both my wife and I to drive. We can take more side trips (don't have to worry about whether we'll get into a situation that can't accommodate a 34-foot motor home plus tow car) and we can stop more easily at places that previously we could not because of our length. Further, it is just more relaxing driving a car in traffic than a big motor home and tow car. But our travels still generate some problems, some laughs and some interesting sights or incidents we want to share with our friends and family.

Hence, the Chuckwagon Journal. New name, same author.

No comments: